Final Thoughts on 100 Days of Real Food

Well after a month we have tried about 20 recipes from this book. Some recipes received a lot of complaints while others received cheers. That is a pretty normal response to food around here that is being served. Not everyone will be happy every time we choose to try something new, but sometimes we can be lucky and find a new favorite. That's why I like cookbooks so much, there is always so much potential.

As I've said before I like this book and the whole blog the author has created because I agree with her idea of eating real foods that have not been made with chemicals, additives, and preservatives. I feel better feeding these foods to my whole family, especially my young growing children.

Here are the recipes that I have cooked and reviewed from each section of the book:

Recipe                                                                                                                                   

Breakfast:                                                   
     Whole-Wheat Banana Pancakes         
     Homemade Granola Cereal
     Crepes

Lunch:
     Easy Slow-Cooker Refried Beans
     Whole-Grain Pumpkin Muffins
     Apple Sandwich

Snacks and Appetizers:
     Cinnamon Apple Chips
     Pimento Cheese Crackers
     Spiced Nut Mix
     Asian Lettuce Wraps

Salads and Sides:
     Super-Easy Whole Wheat Biscuits
     Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole
     Carrots with Rosemary


Simple Dinners:
     Homemade Chicken Nuggets
     My Dad's Brown Rice Risotto
     Veggie Corn Chowder
     The Best Whole Chicken in the Slow Cooker

Speical Treats:
     Homemade Ice Cream
     Peanut Butter Cookies

Homemade Staples:
     Overnight Chicken Stock in the Slow Cooker
     Whole-Wheat Tortillas
     Berry Sauce

This cookbook had some great recipes and I will continue to use it for those that our family enjoyed the most. I'm sure I will try some others too that we haven't tried yet. As always happens there are certain recipes that we prefer other versions that we have had before. I would recommend this cookbook to anyone wanting to find some new recipes using real food ingredients.

Comments