Black Cocoa Bundt Cake with Butter Whiskey Glaze - Father's Day - Baked Occasions

So Father's Day, a day to celebrate Hubby is not his favorite. He does not want these kinds of days, including his birthday, to be recognized. In college, my roommate and I had to steal his wallet for a few minutes to check his id to be able to find out his birthday. It happens to be six days after mine. In addition to not wanting to celebrate how amazing he is as a person and a father, because he is, he is also not a fan of chocolate or cake. So this dessert is one of the last things I would pick to celebrate Hubby. Ah well, it's on the schedule and the boys and I like dessert and cake. We made Bobby Flay's Breakfast Burgers for Hubby.

I opted to make a half batch of the bundt cake and bake it in mini bundt pans. The cake was a pretty traditional recipe except the last ingredient. The last part that was added before baking was unsweetened whipped cream. I have added whipped egg whites before, but never cream. It made this bundt cake much lighter and fluffier than a traditional bundt cake. I enjoyed the change in this cake. The flavor was certainly chocolatey too.

The icing glaze was super quick and simple. It was so simple Mr. T helped mix it up and add the sprinkles on top. I used milk in the glaze instead of the whiskey though knowing my kids were eating it, and the family is not a fan of hard liquor. It was the right move because the simple glaze was a wonderful addition to the cake and the boys felt like it was a great dessert.

The recipe and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: does not say, My Actual Timing: 1 hr, 8 mins., 30 mins. baking, small pans
Servings: Recipe States: 12-16 servings, Servings For My Family: 11 small servings, half batch of receipe
Leftovers: I'll have to see tomorrow.


Family Ratings:
Me: A great fluffy chocolate cake!
Hubby:
Big Man: He ate every last bite and licked his plate.
Bear: Even Bear had no complaints about his one.
Mr. T: He asked for a bigger piece.
 
Will I repeat: Yes.

What will I change: Nothing

Comments