Chocolate Espresso Tapioca Pudding with Kahlua Whipped Cream - Black Friday - Baked Occasions

I've never made tapioca pudding before so this was another new one for me. The recipe was different from other puddings that I have made though. I am used to adding egg yolks later after the pudding has started to cook. In this recipe the yolks get added at the beginning and then the whites get whipped and stirred in later to be cooked additionally. That really made me question the whole recipe.

It actually worked really well this way. The egg whites did not want to whip very well for me though. I think this was because I made a half batch and the beaters had a hard time reaching the one white. I did the best that I could and used the softly whipped whites. The pudding did thicken up very nicely.

The flavor was nice and chocolatey, and not too much coffee. I opted not to use the Kahlua because I knew the kids wouldn't want that. They were not a fan of the texture of the tapioca either. So in the future I will probably not use this recipe.

The recipe for these and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: timing not listed, My Actual Timing: 1 hour, 36 minutes
Servings: Recipe States: 8 servings For My Family: 4 servings, half batch
Leftovers: It was good for a couple days after it was made.


Family Ratings:
Me: The texture of the tapioca was not my favorite, but the flavor of the pudding was wonderful.
Hubby:
Big Man: He doesn't like pudding in general.
Bear: He didn't like the lumps in the pudding.
Mr. T: He enjoyed the first couple of bites, and then decided it was not his favorite.

Will I repeat: No.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments