Breakfast Sundaes - Cooking Class


This was the first recipe that we tried from Mr. T's new cookbook, Cooking Class. It was New Year's Day morning and he and I were the only ones who had gotten up at that point. He was not excited about eating breakfast, but I knew he needed something. I remembered this easy Breakfast Sundae recipe in his new cookbook that he was excited about and suggested we try that and then he was very enthusiastic about breakfast.

I already had granola made, find a post about the granola I like here, we had some frozen fruit in the freezer, and cups of yogurt in the refrigerator. I had the parfait cups that I had saved from some ice cream treats we had gotten in the past. Now I have moved the parfait cups to our breakfast cereal station so the boys can choose to make a Breakfast Sundae instead of a bowl of cereal anytime they like.

This breakfast is SOOO easy, SOOO simple, and SOOO possible for my boys to make it themselves. They have done it many times now, and I am thrilled to find more recipes they can put together themselves and they can be more independent. Even though this is not a recipe that I use much for myself and I feel like it's something we should have come up with before finding it in a cookbook I am glad that it was a discovered and will be happy to continue using this recipe.

Timing: Recipe States: , My Actual Timing: a few minutes
Servings: Recipe States: 4 servings, Servings For My Family: we make single servings
Leftovers: We make this recipe in single servings, so there are no leftovers.

Family Ratings:
Me: I am not eating too much dairy right now either, but I do enjoy this kind of combination.
Hubby: Hubby is avoiding extra dairy right now, so he is not into these.
Big Man: He likes these as an alternate breakfast when he isn't interested in cereal.
Bear: Not a yogurt fan, so he opts for something else.
Mr. T: He loves these, doing it himself and picking the flavors to combine. He wants one every day.

Will I repeat: Mr. T has made these at least half a dozen times since the year started.

What will I change: I would not use the lemon zest.

Comments