Iced Raspberry Tea Granita - Baked: New Frontiers - Baked Sunday Mornings


At first when I saw this recipe on the Baked Sunday Mornings schedule I thought I might go rogue because I am more of a chocolate dessert fan and not as much into fruit flavors most of the time. Then this week around here we have had heat advisories in the weather almost every day and this started to look pretty tasty. It reminds me of an adult snow cone and that's what I was hoping for.

It was super easy to put everything together. Blending up the fruit and sugar and then adding the liquids took no time at all. Then pushing it through a strainer was a good extra step to get the raspberry seeds out. It took longer to freeze than I expected, but once it started to get frozen it was very easy to scrape it up to create the correct texture.

I was very pleased with the fruity refreshing flavor of the granita on a hot summer evening. I did make one change to the recipe. I happened to have some Moscato on hand and decided to substitute this in the recipe instead of purchasing champagne. After tasting the dessert I feel like this was a mistake. It ended up being too sweet and I think using champagne instead would have improved this greatly. I would make this again, but follow the recipe more directly. Otherwise to make it non-alcoholic I might use club soda.

You can find the recipe at Baked Sunday Mornings and see what the others thought here.

Comments