Campfire Cookies - 12 Days of Cookies - Baked Occasions

I actually made these cookies back in June, so it should not have taken me so long to post this review. This recipe was easy to follow. It did involve quite a bit of chilling time though, so take that into account. I could see this cookie being made for Christmas, but I thought it worked really well in the summer too since it did remind you of a s'more.

I think that I overbaked them a little bit because the marshmallows were not very marshmallowy. In fact, the marshmallows ended up tasting a lot more like caramel which was not a good change. My children do not like caramel, so these cookies were not a hit. The texture was good and chewy, but I think if I baked them a couple minutes less they still could have been chewy and the marshmallows would not have been overbaked. I think the long chilling helped to make these cookies much more chewy.

The flavor of the graham cracker in the cookie itself was very nice, it made the cookies unique and not just tasting like another chocolate chip cookie. I would absolutely make these cookies again, but I would either bake them for less time or else use something else instead of marshmallows. These would be good cookies to take along camping though and not be as messy as s'mores.

The recipe for these and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: timing not listed, My Actual Timing: 63 minutes, plus 6 hours chilling
Servings: Recipe States: 36 cookies, Servings For My Family: 35 cookies
Leftovers: These were good for a week.


Family Ratings:
Me: Delicious.
Hubby:
Big Man: Take out the caramel please.
Bear: I don't like the marshmallows, please make it without them.
Mr. T: Yum!

Will I repeat: Yes.

What will I change: I will remove the marshmallows or replace them with something else..

Comments