Whipped Shortbread - 12 Days of Cookies - Baked Occasions

I got behind during the holidays and our own personal traditional baking during the season. We did end up getting the shortbread made before the holidays and now I am getting to posting it. This recipe was surprisingly simple and quick to put together. It also made a lot of cookies with standard ingredients, so if you're having a group over last-minute this recipe is a great one to use. These are rich and buttery, but the flavor is not too overpowering. They are a great treat with a cup of coffee or tea.

They reminded me a little bit of Russian teacakes without the powdered sugar. My children thought they were a little bit boring without chips, or marshmallows, or sprinkles, or icing, so maybe more of a grown-up cookie. There's not much more to say about these cookies. They are simple but delicious, so go make some!

The recipe for these and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: timing not listed, My Actual Timing: 1 hour, 1 minute
Servings: Recipe States: 48 cookies, Servings For My Family: 55 cookies
Leftovers: These were good for a week.


Family Ratings:
Me: Rich, buttery and delicious.
Hubby:
Big Man: Okay, a little boring.
Bear: No thanks.
Mr. T: Not his favorite cookie.

Will I repeat: Probably, but not often.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments