Peppermint Chocolate Chip Meringues - 12 Days of Cookies - Baked Occasions

Meringue cookies were another new one for me. They are something that I never thought sounded very good, but I wanted to give it a try and be thorough. I always worry when I make recipes with whipped egg whites. I worry that they will deflate before they get baked. Following the recipe actually made it very simple.

I also enjoyed them more than I thought I would. They are light and airy, chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside. These took some extra time because after they were baked the cookies had to spend an hour cooling and drying out. These cookies are a little bit dangerous to have around though. They are too easy to just keeping popping another and another.

The recipe for these and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: timing not listed, My Actual Timing: 2 hours, 4 minutes, includes drying time
Servings: Recipe States: 40 cookies, Servings For My Family: 30 cookies
Leftovers: These were good for a week.


Family Ratings:
Me: Light and delicious. Addictive.
Hubby:
Big Man: He was not a fan.
Bear: No thanks.
Mr. T: He couldn't get enough of these.

Will I repeat: Probably.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments