Sweet Potato Tart with Gingersnap Crust and Heavenly Meringue - Thanksgiving - Baked Occasions

This is way after Thanksgiving, but I am finally getting around to this one. Pumpkin pie is what our family has always done for Thanksgiving and we were not going to mess with that. I did try this pie though and I am a fan of sweet potatoes in general, although no one else in my family is. The others did not want to try this pie. I opted to make a very small version.

The gingersnap crust was quick and simple like so many of these crumb crusts are. They are also very tasty, so no complaints here. The filling was also easy to put together after the sweet potatoes were baked. I baked mine the day before I made the pie and would recommend doing that since an hour of my timing was just baking the sweet potatoes.

I have made meringue before, but never such a small amount. I only used one egg white for this tiny pie and I had a very hard time getting stiff peaks, so my meringue was a bit runny. Still tasty and delicious on top of the pie though. Overall the dessert was reminiscent of pumpkin pie, but just enough to be different. If you like sweet potatoes give it a try. I think my family will stick with pumpkin pie and traditional whipped cream though.

The recipe for these and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: timing not listed, My Actual Timing: 2 hrs. 47 mins.
Servings: Recipe States: 1 9 inch tart, Servings For My Family: 1 6 inch tart, 1/3 recipe
Leftovers: There were no leftovers to test.


Family Ratings:
Me: Enjoyable, but not a favorite.
Hubby:
Big Man:
Bear:
Mr. T:

Will I repeat: Probably not.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments