S Cookies - 12 Days of Cookies - Baked Occasions


This recipe reminded me so much of kringla, which is a favorite of Hubby's. It is also a cookie that I find to be very boring. I think that it needs to be one that is eaten with coffee, tea, or cocoa. This is one of the few desserts that Hubby tried and he really did enjoy these. He ended up eating most of them. The boys ate a few and enoyed the cookies that they ate. It was not a treat that they picked when they were given another choice.

These were simple to make and made a good amount of cookies. They were very classic and are fun on a cookie tray with so many choices. I do like that these are not as sweet as many cookies, so they offer a nice break from so much sweetness. These were crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. While they are not my favorite style of Christmas cookie they are well known and one that many people enjoy.

The recipe for these and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: timing not listed, My Actual Timing: 77 minutes
Servings: Recipe States: 50-60 cookies, Servings For My Family: 45 cookies
Leftovers: These were good for a week.


Family Ratings:
Me: Simple and good, but not my favorite.
Hubby: Great!
Big Man: Not sweet enough.
Bear: Okay.
Mr. T: Not his favorite cookie.

Will I repeat: Yes for Hubby!

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments