Gingersnaps with Lemon Sugar - 12 Days of Cookies - Baked Occasions

Gingersnaps are a favorite cookie in my house. It's a little bit unique that all my children would like such a bold flavor, but they do. Although, funnily enough, lemon is not a favorite flavor in our house unless it is lemonade. So, I opted to adjust this recipe slightly for my audience. I did not add the lemon zest to the sugar when I made these cookies. I'm sure it would have given a nice bright flavor, but I just couldn't do it for Hubby and the boys.

These cookies were versatile for our family. Hubby prefers that cookies be crunchy because that's how his mom made them, and cooled completely please. The boys and I enjoy soft, chewy cookies, and warm from the oven is even better. These cookies can be baked a few minutes longer to be more crunchy, or less for a more chewy product.

A quick simple cookie. These have regular ingredients that are almost always in our pantry. They do not needed to be chilled, so they can be made in less than an hour from begininng to end. They are good for a longer time. Overall, a great cookie recipe and a big hit with my family. I'm sure they will end up in our regular rotation, not just for Christmas.

The recipe for these and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: timing not listed, My Actual Timing: 41 minutes
Servings: Recipe States: 36 cookies, Servings For My Family: 36 cookies
Leftovers: These were great leftover for about a week.


Family Ratings:
Me: Delicious.
Hubby: Great flavor. He prefers them more crunchy.
Big Man: These were good for him.
Bear: "Let's have these again," he said.
Mr. T: Yummy.

Will I repeat: Yes.

What will I change: I will continue to leave out the lemon zest.

Comments