Exceedingly Chocolaty Crinkles - 12 Days of Cookies - Baked Occasions

These cookies were one of my favorites at Christmas when I was little. My mom never wanted to make them because she thought they dried out and got crunchy too fast. Those first few days though, they were fabulous. To me it was just like eating a brownie.

This recipe was slightly different from the old family one that I used growing up. In some ways it is even superior because the cookies did not dry out as quickly. I was very happy about that because then we could get a few more days out of them. I am old enough now to decide which cookies I want to make for my family though.

The boys enjoyed these a lot as well and agreed that they taste like brownies. I think their only criticism would be that the powdered sugar does end up making your fingers a bit of a mess. It is worth it for decoration and flavor though.

The recipe for these and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: timing not listed, My Actual Timing: 57 minutes, plus chilling time
Servings: Recipe States: 24-30 cookies, Servings For My Family: 30 cookies
Leftovers: These were great leftover for about a week.


Family Ratings:
Me: Wonderful!
Hubby:
Big Man: Just like a brownie.
Bear: These are great.
Mr. T: Let's make these all the time.

Will I repeat: Yes.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments