Brown Butter Apple Cranberry Galette - Thanksgiving - Baked Occasions

So, I made this one before Thanksgiving, but haven't been able to post it yet. I made this one for my MOPS group when we got together. It went over really well, and everyone thought it would be great for a Thanksgiving dessert.

This was similar to pie, but just a little bit different. It looks beautiful and festive, and has the cinnamon taste of fall. The brown butter on the apples was perfect. The tanginess of the cranberries was good, but I would have preferred it if there was a little more sweetness included with the cranberries. The crust had a nice crispness to it all around, even on the bottom. This only lasted for about a day though.

I think resting the dough before making the galette was very important. The other important step was to slice the apples very thinly since the baking time was shorter with the thin crust. It was a different dessert option, but very similar to pie. I would certainly make this dessert again, however, probably not for Thanksgiving since my family is set on pie.

The recipe for these and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: timing not listed, My Actual Timing:
Servings: Recipe States: 10-14 inch galette, Servings For My Family: 10-14 inch galette
Leftovers: Still good the next day.


Family Ratings:
Me: I enjoyed this, but I think I prefer traditional pie for Thanksgiving.
Hubby:
Big Man:
Bear:
Mr. T:

Will I repeat: Yes.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments