Chocolate Cinnamon Chipotle Sugar Cookies - Day of the Dead - Baked Occasions

The end of October and the beginning of November have gotten very busy at our house between Halloween and birthdays. I'm a lot late making these cookies. I have never wanted to make a chocolate dessert that included chili before, but I decided to give it a try this time. I opted not to decorate them because while they look beautiful I just do not have the time for that much decoration.

These cookies were nice and soft with a little bit of a crisp edge. The predominant flavor was chocolate, but just at the end was a little hint of warmth that must have been from the chili powder. It did not take over though and did not make eating the cookie unpleasant. Most of these cookies went to school for the teachers to have during conferences, so the boys didn't get to try them or have an opinion.

The recipe for these and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: timing not listed, My Actual Timing: 20 mins. dough mixing, 2 hours chilling, 14 minutes baking
Servings: Recipe States: 12 cookies, Servings For My Family: 18 cookies
Leftovers:


Family Ratings:
Me: These cookies are interesting, the chocolate is the main flavor, but the warmth from the chili can be tasted  at the back of the throat. These were good.
Hubby:
Big Man:
Bear:
Mr. T:

Will I repeat: Yes.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments