Orange Pancakes with Honey Butter - Rosh Hashanah - Baked Occasions


Pancakes are a favorite breakfast food in our house. We make a pretty traditional pancake recipe most of the time. I really enjoy orange juice and orange-flavored things. Replacing some of the milk with orange juice is a great idea. The orange flavor came through and it was a nice subtle change.

I have never been a fan of maple flavors, so using the honey butter was a happy change for me. The butter did not detract from the orange of the pancakes either. The recipes were both simple and quick to put together. The boys were excited to have pancakes since it wasn't a special day for us. For the most part they enjoyed them, but Bear was not a fan and let me know. I will make these again when I get to choose which pancakes to make.

Timing: Recipe States: does not say, My Actual Timing: I forgot to keep track this time
Servings: Recipe States: 10-12 pancakes, Servings For My Family: 10 pancakes
Leftovers: There were no leftovers.


Family Ratings:
Me: I thought these pancakes were great. I enjoyed the little hint of orange.
Hubby:
Big Man: He thought they were fine, but not a favorite.
Bear: He requested never using orange juice in a pancake recipe again.
Mr. T: He liked the pancakes, but thought the butter was the best.

Will I repeat: Yes.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments

Popular Posts