Salted Caramel Souffle - Julia Child's Birthday - Baked Occasions

I have not made a souffle in many years. I remember my mom used to make cheese souffle once in a while for dinner. I remember enjoying it, but most of the rest of the family did not. Chocolate souffle was the flavor that I preferred in the past. So many people talk about souffle being so very difficult to make, but I have not found that to be the case.

It actually did not take too much time to whip up this souffle, but I do think it would be hard to make this for a dinner party or company because it is supposed to be served immediately after it is baked. That makes it hard to have the dessert prepped ahead of time or else you would have to leave your guests to prepare dessert for more than half an hour.

This would be a better dessert to have when having a romantic date at home. Then you could prepare and enjoy the dessert together. The flavor was definitely salted caramel and it was good. The texture of souffle has to be something that the eater has to enjoy too though. It is light and fluffy, but rich at the same time. I enjoy a souffle, but I have to be in the right mood for it. If I were to have one I would prefer to have chocolate instead of salted caramel.

The recipe for this souffle and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: does not say, My Actual Timing: 55 minutes
Servings: Recipe States: 8 servings, Servings For My Family: 4 servings from a half recipe
Leftovers: We didn't have any leftover, but I don't think it would work well.


Family Ratings:
Me: It was fine, but not a dessert I would choose often.
Hubby:
Big Man: He tried it, but did not enjoy the flavor at all.
Bear:
Mr. T: He said I don't like this souffle, I just like the other souffle. This is funny because I've never made a souffle for him before.

Will I repeat: No.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments