Nonnie's Blueberry Buckle - Blueberry Month - Baked Occasions


It's the end of August and the end of Blueberry Month, so we needed to get this buckle in. I've never had a buckle before. It seems to be another name for quick bread or muffins. Other than Mr. T and I most of the family does not enjoy blueberries. I opted for a half recipe again since more than half the family would not eat this one. Instead of a tube pan, I used a regular bread pan with the half batch and it worked perfectly.

This recipe was delicious. I will definitely be making this one again. I may not even make blueberry muffins again, this bread works perfectly for that instead. It is just so much easier than making individual muffins and faster clean-up. It was a rich, cake-like bread with bursts of blueberries inside. Not overly dense, but it wasn't going to fall apart either. The topping add the right amount of crunch and warmth from the cinnamon on the top. I really enjoyed this recipe a lot.

The recipe and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: does not say, My Actual Timing: 26 mins. prep., 1 hr. 3 mins. baking
Servings: Recipe States: 12 generous servings, Servings For My Family: 10 servings, half batch
Leftovers: Great!


Family Ratings:
Me: This was like a delicious blueberry muffin with streusel topping.
Hubby:
Big Man:
Bear: No blueberries here.
Mr. T: He ate this bread for breakfast several mornings over the week.

Will I repeat: Yes!

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments