Mini Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes - Back to School - Baked Occasions

Some days I was counting down until school started again and others I was dreading it. Since Hubby was gone all last week on a backpacking trip with his dad and I was solo parenting, I was not disappointed to have two of the boys head back to school this morning. I was a little disappointed with how these cupcakes turned out, however,

They were so quick and easy to put together, not at all like some of the more complicated recipes in the Baked cookbooks. It was a recipe that could definitely be put together in the afternoon super quickly before the kids get off the bus from school. I can attest to that happening today. It helped that the bus was almost an hour late getting the boys home from school today, I hope they get the routes straightened out better for next week. Otherwise, we'll be late to Tae Kwan Do and that's no good.

Even though these are quick and easy I was rather disappointed with the results that I got. They did not remind me of brownies at all. The dessert was much more cakelike than brownies, but the edges were still crisp. I am not a fan of the crisp edges on a brownie, so I enjoy the middle chewy parts of the brownie and these didn't have any of that. I have also had chocolate cupcakes that are much better than these and brownies better than these as well.

The recipe and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: does not say, My Actual Timing: 46 minutes
Servings: Recipe States: 48 mini cupcakes, Servings For My Family: 24 mini cupcakes, half batch
Leftovers:


Family Ratings:
Me: Not my favorite cupcakes or brownies.
Hubby:
Big Man:
Bear:
Mr. T:

Will I repeat: No.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments