Brioche Ice Cream Sandwiches - Ferragosto - Baked Occasions

If this dessert is how to celebrate Ferragosto then I need to celebrate this holiday annually! I have made the brioche before and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have also made the brown sugar praline ice cream and thought it is some of the best ice cream I have ever had. I was not sure that they would go together very well though. I do not think of ice cream sandwiches being made with actual bread, but more likely that they are made with cookies.

These do take a lot of time and effort to make. The brioche dough takes effort to put together, adding all the butter takes a really long time. The bread is worth the effort though, it is rich, buttery and delicious. The ice takes time as well with all the components to put together, the ice cream base, the caramel sauce, and the pralines. They all go so well together and make wonderful flavors that are creamy, decandent, and a little bit salty with the sweet.

Once all the pieces are made then it is so easy to cut open the rolls and add a scoop of ice cream. The bread with the ice cream went surprisingly well together. It was all very rich and decadent. Next time I would scoop the ice cream and put it all back in the freezer for 15 minutes before serving so that the ice cream didn't melt so quickly. I also might make the rolls in a mini muffin pan and make them smaller because they are so rich that you don't need a large portion.

The recipe for the ice cream sandwiches and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: doesn't say, My Actual Timing: a couple days
Servings: Recipe States: 12 ice cream sandwiches, Servings For My Family: 12 sandwiches
Leftovers: Delicious


Family Ratings:
Me: I really like the brioche and the brown sugar praline ice cream is great too. I was surprised how great they were together.
Hubby:
Big Man:
Bear:
Mr. T:

Will I repeat: Yes!

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments

Popular Posts