Cheesy Bastille Day Beer Bread - Bastille Day - Baked Occasions

I have never celebrated Bastille Day before and I'm not sure that I ever will again, at least not with this bread. I have had beer bread in the past and it was okay, but never been a favorite of mine. I was hoping with the cheese that it would be even better. The cheese was good, when I could taste it. The beer however, was too strong and I did not enjoy this recipe at all. I was not even able to finish my slice.

The recipe itself was very quick to put together. Shredding the cheese was one of the most time consuming parts of it. I was able to just mix it up with a fork and spatula. All the ingredients were typical of a quick bread, except for the beer and cheese. Although I supposed in a beer bread those ingredients are typical. The recipe did not recommend a style of beer, and I opted for an IPA because that is the type of beer my husband likes to drink and I knew he would finish the 6-pack.

I have never liked any beer that I have ever tried, so I suppose it is not a surprise that beer bread is not a recipe that I seek out normally. I think if I had not used such a dark, flavorful beer that perhaps I would have enjoyed it more myself. Since this is not something I generally enjoy though I do not intend to continue trying alternatives. On the other hand, Hubby finally tried one of my recipes. He thought the bread was wonderful. Hubby ate his piece and then he finished mine. Over the next few days he finished the rest of the bread because the rest of the family wouldn't touch it.

So beer lovers, try and enjoy this bread!

The recipe and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: does not say, My Actual Timing: 21 minutes prep, 59 minutes baking
Servings: Recipe States: 12 servings, Servings For My Family:12 servings
Leftovers: Hubby said it was good for several days.


Family Ratings:
Me: I could taste the beer and did not enjoy the bitterness in the bread.
Hubby: Hubby ate it and even had a second piece, not something he usually does with bread.
Big Man: He took one bite and made a face, he did not eat any more.
Bear: Bear said that we should never have this bread again.
Mr. T: He told me I could make the bread again, but it couldn't have the beer or the cheese next time.

Will I repeat: No.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments

Popular Posts