Strawberry Supreme Cake - May Day - Baked Occasions


This cake takes a long time to make and so I'm a few days late posting this because May Day we focused more on making baskets to bring to our neighbors and friends. I have been looking forward to making this cake for some time. Strawberries are a favorite fruit of mine and I have always thought it would be wonderful to put them in a cake with fluffy cream.

The cake was very similar to the other cakes from the Baked series of cookbooks. I was different when the strawberry puree was folded into the batter just before baking it. The icing was also their traditional icing which sometimes works for me and sometimes does not, but I am not sure what the difference is. Unfortunately this time it did not work well for me and was a bit grainy.

I still pushed on a made the strawberries and cream filling for the cake. The cake itself turned out very well and the fillings were quite delicious. The same day I made the cake it was not my favorite. The cake seemed to be extra dense, but the following day the cake seemed to have breathed a bit and became lighter. The flavors seemed to blend better as the cake sat overnight. The cream filling was nice as it lightened the cake all together. I enjoyed the strawberry flavor that was completely natural. The icing still had good flavor, but the texture could have been better if it turned out correctly. 

Overall I enjoyed the cake and would try it again hoping to smooth out the little bumps that I had.

Find the recipe for this cake and thoughts from other bakers at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: The recipe does not say., My Actual Timing: 3 hours, 17 minutes
Servings: Recipe States: 10-12 servings, Servings For My Family: 12-16 servings
Leftovers: This cake tasted even better the next day.


Family Ratings:
Me: This cake is delicious I just wish I could get this icing to work every time.
Hubby:
Big Man:
Bear:
Mr. T:

Will I repeat: Possibly.

What will I change: I will try to get the icing to turn out better.

Comments

Popular Posts