Old-School Chocolate Chip Cookies - Teacher Appreciation Day - Baked Occasions

Chocolate chip cookies have always been one of my favorite kinds of cookies. Trying a new recipe for an old favorite is certainly a fun thing to try. I did attempt this recipe last year and did not have much success with them. I do not think that I chilled them long enough because they spread out too far and got overcooked.

I generally do not have this many ingredients in my chocolate chip cookies. Molasses, cream, and brandy are not usually in the recipe that I use. The molasses added flavor to the cookies that I could detect. I was not able to find a difference from the cream and I used a bit more vanilla instead of brandy. This time when I made the cookies I chilled the dough for one day before baking a couple cookies to try them today.

After chilling overnight the cookies worked much better than the last time. The recipe did suggest that chilling for 48 hours is best so I will try baking more tomorrow to see if there is a difference. The cookies did turn out to have good flavor. They are a fairly crisp style of chocolate chip cookie. My preference is that cookies be more chewy than crisp, so the style of this recipe is not a favorite of mine. They do have good flavor though, and I am glad to say that I have been more successful with them this time around.

The recipe for these cookies and reviews from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: recipe does not say, My Actual Timing: 35 minutes preparation, 15 minutes baking
Servings: Recipe States: 40-48 cookies, Servings For My Family:42 cookies
Leftovers:


Family Ratings:
Me: These are a good crisp chocolate chip cookie. I prefer chewy cookies, but these are very good for a crisp cookie.
Hubby:
Big Man:
Bear:
Mr. T:

Will I repeat: Probably not because they are not my favorite style.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments