Hippie Cake - Earth Day - Baked Occasions


I was hopeful when trying this cake because my parents have recently decided to be vegetarian and no longer consume dairy and this makes it difficult to make many menu items for them. I thought that this cake may be a good alternative to other desserts. It was a very easy recipe to put together and didn't even need a mixer.

It was difficult to tell when the cake was done because the batter was very loose. I think that I should have baked it for a little bit longer when all was said and done. The cake did not come out of the pan very well, it was very crumbly and hard to serve. The icing was very runny as well, more like a glaze.

While the cake was not attractive to look at it did taste very good. It was like a cakey brownie in flavor. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed the almond butter icing as well. Almond butter is alright but not as good as peanut butter. When the sugar is added it certainly makes it taste better. For a cake that is disguised as healthy because it is vegan, but there is still plenty of sugar. It is certainly dessert and a delicious chocolate dessert.

The recipe for this cake and reviews for others bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: does not say, My Actual Timing: 45 minutes
Servings: Recipe States: 10 servings, Servings For My Family: 8 servings
Leftovers: This was still good several days later.


Family Ratings:
Me: I thought it was like a delicious cakey brownie, but it was very difficult to serve.
Hubby:
Big Man: His response was, this really does taste like a brownie.
Bear:
Mr. T:

Will I repeat: Proably not.

What will I change: While I enjoyed the cake I prefer to use eggs and butter since we do not have allergies and it makes baking easier.

Comments

Popular Posts