Caramel Candy Popcorn Balls - Administrative Professionals Day - Baked Ocassions

I am a few days late posting this one, but we did try the popcorn balls. I just made a half batch since I wasn't sure that they would go over very well with my family. We have a recipe for caramel chex mix with popcorn that we enjoy quite a lot. I knew that this would be a different thing though.

I was most worried about this one mostly not being crisp, but being mushy. This came to pass when I prepared this recipe which was a disappointment. I tried to bake the popcorn balls once they were completed to make them a bit more crisp. This did not work though, so we were left with mushy popcorn balls. Overall the family was not thrilled with how this recipe turned out and we will not be making it again.

The recipe and thoughts from other bakers can be found at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: does not say, My Actual Timing: 37 minutes
Servings: Recipe States: 12-16 popcorn balls, Servings For My Family: 9 small popcorn balls, half batch
Leftovers: Still not good.


Family Ratings:
Me: These were not great, they came out mushy and didn't stay together very well.
Hubby: He is not a fan of mushy desserts, so this did not go over well.
Big Man: Caramel is not a favorite flavor of any of the boys.
Bear: He was disappointed that the popcorn was not like normal.
Mr. T: Not a fan.

Will I repeat: No.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments

Popular Posts