Buttery Pound Cake with Salty Caramel Glaze - Shakespeare Day - Baked Occasions

I have tried this pound cake before to make the trifle, but not with caramel glaze. I knew from the past though that this cake is wonderful. I made this recipe with the European butter and a recipe with regular butter to see if I could taste a difference between them. I was surprised to find that I did taste a different flavor. The one made with the European style butter was definitely richer and had more depth of flavor.

When I was pouring the glaze on the cake I forgot to pierce the top of the cake first. So the glaze did not go into the cake itself but stayed on top. The glaze added very nicely to the flavor of the cake itself, but it was not necessary at all. The cake is delicious all on its own. Sometimes it can be nice to add a little something extra even when it is not necessary.

I brought this cake with to Mops, which explains the paper plate serving in the picture. The pound cake was very popular with the other moms at brunch. It is rich and a great accompaniment to coffee or tea. I don't think there is a bad time of day to enjoy this cake. I was able to wait to cut into it until the second day though since I had a specific place to be serving the cake.

April was a bit of a rough month with all five recipes coming in five days time. I also had some trouble with icing on a couple cakes and the Hippie Cake falling apart, but it did still taste wonderful. This Buttery Pound Cake was far and away my favorite recipe this month and certainly the one that I will make the most often in the future.

To see reviews from other bakers and find the recipe it is available at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: the recipe does not say, My Actual Timing: 15 minutes preparation, 65 minute baking,
Servings: Recipe States: 10 servings, Servings For My Family: 12 servings
Leftovers: Wonderful!


Family Ratings:
Me: This recipe has been easy to make and produced fabulous results each time. It is hard to eat just one piece.
Hubby:
Big Man:
Bear:
Mr. T: He was thrilled to have a piece leftover after Mops and thought it was wonderful as well.

Will I repeat: Absolutely!

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments