Light and Lemony Jelly Roll Cake with Raspberry Cream Filling - Vernal Equinox - Baked Occasions


This recipe is so fabulous! I made this one last year and was super excited to make it again. I knew that I could hardly stop myself from eating it all though, so I made it to bring to my MOPS meeting this month and they thought it was wonderful too. That is why most of the family did not get a chance to try it though since all the other mamas tried it.

I was always intimidated by jelly roll style cakes before trying this one because they have to be prepared and rolled at the right temperature or they can crack and not roll correctly. Also, I have seen them make these on The Great British Baking Show and they look super impressive there. I was surprised at how easy it was to make when I just followed the directions that were provided in the book. They were detailed enough so that it was easy to make the cake work correctly. My only problem was putting a little too much filling on the cake before rolling it, and in the end I had to scrape some off the roll.

This one is light and fluffy, delicate and fruity. It truly reminds you of spring and the flavors we have been missing all this crazy, icy, snowy winter. It would be wonderful as a brunch snack with coffee or tea, but is wonderful in the evening or afternoon too. This cake also makes a wonderful looking desserts with the pretty roll and colors. I will certainly be making this one again, when I have a big group to serve it to.

The recipe and reviews from other bakers are available on Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: doesn't say, My Actual Timing:
Servings: Recipe States: 12-16 servings
                Servings For My Family: 14 servings
Leftovers: This is still very good the next day.


Family Ratings:
Me: This one is so rich and delicious. I feel like I could eat a whole pan.
Hubby:
Big Man:
Bear:
Mr. T: He enjoyed this one quite a bit, but he would have preferred it without raspberry pieces.

Will I repeat: Yes!

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments