Vanilla Bean Angel Food Cake with Milk Chocolate Glaze - Valentine's Day - Baked Occasions

I am generally not a big fan of angel food cake, so I do not even have a full-sized angel food cake pan. All I have are a few tiny, individually sized angel food cake pans. I wanted to attempt each of the recipes in this book though, so I made a half sized batch in a few of the cake pans.

I thought these were some of the best angel food cakes that I have ever had. The boys were all over them and thought they were one of the best cakes they have ever had. In fact, Bear even requested that these cakes be his next birthday cake. That is really high praise for a recipe. Out of the two cakes that were suggested to celebrate Valentine's Day this is the one that I prefer myself too. It's an angel food cake that tastes like angel food cake!

You can find the recipe for this cake and what others thought about it at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: doesn't say, My Actual Timing:
Servings: Recipe States:
                Servings For My Family: 5, but mine was only half a recipe
Leftovers: It was still pretty good the next day.


Family Ratings:
Me: This was one of the best angel food cakes I have had.
Hubby: Still not a cake fan.
Big Man: He thought this was great and couldn't eat it fast enough.
Bear: Bear requested this cake for his birthday, huge compliment!
Mr. T: He ate every bite and didn't even scrape the icing off.

Will I repeat: Probably.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments