Poached Salmon in Honey and Dill Sauce - The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook


Big Man picked another recipe from The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook . This time he picked a salmon recipe. I have been really surprised about the recipes that he has been picking. They are not like any of the recipes that we have tried before. I think the boys have had salmon once at my parent's house before. I don't serve it because Hubby does not like salmon at all and I have not liked it for years. I have just started to enjoy it more now. It can be very healthy when it is well prepared, so we gave it a try when Big Man asked.

He followed the recipe really well and continues to get better about knowing what to do when he is helping in the kitchen. He was very glad there was no lemon in this one like the last recipe from this cookbook. Fish is not always easy to cook because of sometimes sticking to the pan, but he did a nice job of waiting for the fish to cook before trying to turn it.

The boys and I all decided that we enjoyed the salmon itself and would like to have it more often. The sauce was a different story, it was way too sweet. I'm not sure if it was the honey or the white wine in the sauce that made it so sweet, but it was not good. I think that in this case instead of adjusting the recipe and trying again we will just look for a new recipe.

Timing: Recipe States: doesn't say, My Actual Timing:
Servings: Recipe States: 4 servings
                Servings For My Family: 5 servings
Leftovers: It was okay the next day, but fish is always best on the first day.


Family Ratings:
Me: The fish was pretty good, but the sauce was not our favorite. The sauce was too sweet and dill is not a favorite of mine.
Hubby: He does not like salmon at all and had something else for dinner.
Big Man: He was so excited to try this one. He liked the salmon a lot, but not the sauce.
Bear: He said he would try salmon again, but not with this sauce.
Mr. T:  He liked it pretty well, but then said he didn't ever want it again.

Will I repeat: No.

What will I change: I would make a completely different sauce.

Comments