Pistachio White Chocolate Cheesecake - National Pistachio Day - Baked Occasions


I was super excited to try this recipe, and I was even hoping Hubby might try this one. He is a fan of pistachios and cheesecakes. He used to, for many years, make me a cheesecake for my birthday. Now we have so many October/November birthdays that his and mine get put aside in the middle. I have also made the Aunt Sassy Cake from these authors out of their Baked Explorations cookbook and it is a fabulous cake, you can find that recipe here.

I elected to make a half batch of this cheesecake in a 6-inch springform pan since there are more desserts in coming days. The most time-consuming part of the preparation was shelling all the pistachios. Mr. T assisted me with this and was hoping that we were making the meringues again from New Year's Day. Then later he was reminding me of the doughnut cake when we got out the white chocolate. I was very impressed with his memory of these ingredients.

The recipe came together very well and I was happy with that. I used chocolate graham crackers in the crust since I can never find the biscuits in my Iowa stores. I also opted to not put the sour cream layer on top since I have never made or had cheesecakes that way, and I am not a fan of sour cream in general. I was a little worried about how dark the top of the cheesecake got and it did

I like the cheesecake overall. I believe in general that I prefer cheesecake that does not have nuts inside the cake itself. It had a lot of pistachios inside and I felt that it took away from the creaminess of the cheesecake. I was also disappointed that I could not taste the white chocolate that was included in the bottom layer of the cheesecake. The crust was very delicious having the chocolate with a bit of pistachio included. It was tasty, but not my favorite cheesecake.

You can find the recipe for this cheesecake and what other bakers thought of the recipe at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: doesn't say, My Actual Timing: 1-hour mixing, 1-hour baking, 1-hour cooling, overnight chilling
Servings: Recipe States: 16 servings
                Servings For My Family: 8 servings, half recipe
Leftovers:


Family Ratings:
Me: I enjoyed this dessert, but if I were making a pistachio dessert I would prefer the Aunt Sassy Cake from the Baked Explorations book.
Hubby:
Big Man: One bite and he was done. Not a favorite.
Bear: No thank you.
Mr. T: He was so excited to try this one since he helped to make it, but unfortunately it was not one that he liked so much.

Will I repeat: Probably not since it wasn't a family hit.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments