Grab-and-Go Granola Bars - Cooking Class


Bear looked through Mr. T's new cookbook to see what he might want to try making. When he saw these granola bars the search was over. This was it! He was going to make these next. He said several kids had brought in chocolate chip granola bars for their snack day at school and he really likes them. It would great to hear these things right away instead of in the middle of the school year so we can start making them right away.

It ended up taking a few weeks before we were out of Christmas goodies and ready to make something new. Then the boys were happy to get a chance to try making these. They had so much fun making and trying something new. Their favorite part was individually placing the chocolate chips on top. I liked that part too because they could see the chocolate chip, but there were actually fewer of them than usually are in granola bars because they were all on top.

They were really quick to put together and there was no baking involved, just a little cooking on the stove. Overall it was a good experience making these with the kids and for a once a day sweet snack they are okay with me. If I were looking for something more healthy I would keep searching for a granola recipe with honey or maple and less sugar in general.

Timing: Recipe States: doesn't say, My Actual Timing: 20 minutes with child assistance
Servings: Recipe States: 12 bars, Servings For My Family: 8 bars
Leftovers: They were fine for about a week.


Family Ratings:
Me: The boys didn't save any for Hubby and me to try.
Hubby:
Big Man: They were great and he wanted to make another batch right away.
Bear: He was SUPER excited and glad to attempt this recipe. The chocolate chips were his favorite part other than eating them.
Mr. T: He thought it was so much fun to try a new recipe and thought they tasted great too.

Will I repeat: Yes.

What will I change: I may try using a little less sugar.

Comments