Conversation Heart Cakes - Baked Occasions - Valentine's Day



Heart shaped food can be so much fun on Valentine's Day. We have started a tradition of having Heart Dinner on Valentine's Day, so we have heart shaped food or pink/red colored food. It is fun to do and the boys think it's great fun. We had ham, which is pink, heart-shaped pasta, and heart-shaped cakes. Of course, it is extra special because we do not usually have dessert with dinner.

It was a fun presentation of this cake to celebrate Valentine's Day, but the flavor was not something that we enjoyed. I did not enjoy the icing at all. I felt like the texture of the cake was somewhere between an angel food cake and a standard cake. I prefer one or the other, but not something in-between.

You can find the recipe and the opinion of many other bakers at Baked Sunday Mornings here.

Timing: Recipe States: doesn't say, My Actual Timing:
Servings: Recipe States: 12 servings
                Servings For My Family: 6 servings
Leftovers: They tasted just the same for several days.


Family Ratings:
Me: I did not like the icing at all. The texture of the cake was not quite a regular cake, but not quite angel food either.
Hubby: Hubby is not a cake fan.
Big Man: He enjoyed the cake, but not the icing.
Bear: This was not a cake that Bear enjoyed.
Mr. T:  Mr. T enjoyed the cake, but not the icing.

Will I repeat: No.

What will I change: I might try a different kind of icing.

Comments