Cherry Almond Crisp - President's Day - Baked Occasions


A cherry crisp is not a recipe that I would ever choose to make. I have never enjoyed a crisp, which is something that my parents can not remember over decades of not enjoying them. They generally make an apple crisp though, and I truly enjoy an apple pie, but not so much a cherry pie. I thought I might enjoy this fruit better because it was fresh and not from a pre-made filling.

It was very simple to make and didn't take much time at all. I used some granola in the topping that I had made previously and it worked very well. The topping was quite delicious, flaky, buttery, and crisp. There was not much added to the cherries to give them additional flavor. The tapioca was a new ingredient for me, I know that it is often used to thicken pie filling. It worked pretty well, but I have always used flour instead.

Overall the cherry crisp turned out very nicely. In the end, though, it is just not a favorite dessert of mine. For those who enjoy this dessert, the recipe is very nice.

Timing: Recipe States: doesn't say, My Actual Timing:
Servings: Recipe States: 8-10 servings
                Servings For My Family: 3, but mine was only half a recipe
Leftovers: It was still good for about three days.


Family Ratings:
Me: I really enjoyed the topping, and the cherries were fine. This type of dessert it just not my favorite.
Hubby:
Big Man: Big Man tried it, but did not like this one very much.
Bear: Bear is not a fan of cherries and so he did not want to try this dessert.
Mr. T: He enjoyed the topping, but not the cherries.

Will I repeat: No.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments