Spaghetti Day with Chicken Parmesan


We celebrated National Spaghetti Day this year with Chicken Parmesan and a side of spaghetti. When I make chicken parmesan at home I use a recipe from Giada De Laurentiis, you kind find the recipe here. I only use her recipe for the chicken and have used it for many years. I remember watching Giada make this chicken on her show one Saturday morning and both Hubby and I thought this would be so much easier and healthier than traditionally fried chicken parmesan. Then we tried the recipe, thought it was wonderful and we haven't tried another recipe since.

I use my own spaghetti sauce for this recipe that I make large batches of so that I can freeze extra. I serve it with spaghetti noodles for the extra sauce and a side of olive oil breadsticks. The boys are all disappointed if the breadsticks don't make an appearance with this meal since they have become accustomed to having them.

Spaghetti has been one of my favorite meals since I was young and it is still a favorite today. Trying different kinds of sauces and different preparations now that I'm older is half the fun!


Comments