Brewer's Blondies - Baked: New Frontiers In Baking - Baked Sunday Mornings


It has been a little while since I have posted. Hubby and I went on vacation and then we had last minute activities before school started to get accomplished. Now that we have the first two days of school under our belts we were able to slow down a little bit this weekend. These Brewer's Blondies were a simple but delicious dessert to put together. You can find the recipe for these here at Baked Sunday Mornings.

These are unique because they use malt powder in the batter and then in addition to the chocolate chips there are also pieces of malted milk balls. I find them to be very similar to a blondie recipe that I grew up enjoying from an old Betty Crocker cookbook. I think these are a wonderful after school snack or even a nice treat to place one of these in a lunch box to finish a meal. I elected to leave out the walnuts from the recipe since my children are not fans of having nuts included in their baked goods.

The boys and I enjoyed these bars as they were. I did not detect the flavor of the malt powder when I tasted these, however. A few of the other baker's from Baked Sunday Morning agreed and added additional malt powder when making the bars this time. I had never made them before and was unaware of this. In the future, I would probably include additional malt powder as well to be sure that flavor was present. The views of the other bakers from Baked Sunday Mornings can be found here.

Comments