Arthur Avenue Burger - Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries, & Shakes


We had family over for dinner over the weekend and decided to make these Arthur Avenue Burgers from the Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries, & Shakes book. I really enjoy Italian flavor combinations and different types of tomato-based sauces. I thought the cheese crisps would be interesting to make and add a nice texture to the burgers. The recipe is available on Food Network here for anyone who would like to try it themselves.

The recipe suggested using arugula on the burgers. I decided to use fresh leaf lettuce from our garden instead. It has been so nice the last few weeks to be able to get fresh produce for dinner anytime I need it. We have had great lettuce, green onions, zucchini, and some cherry tomatoes. The lettuce isn't a spicy as arugula, but it was tasty on these burgers.

It was surprisingly easy to make the crispy cheese fricos. The fontina cheese worked really well to make the fricos and it tasted great with the ketchup. The ketchup had a lot of red wine vinegar in it, so I was a little bit worried about how much vinegar flavor would come through in the ketchup. It ended up working really well and was not overpowering. I enjoyed the burger as a whole and thought the toppings were not too difficult to prepare. The flavor was unique and I would have to be in the right mood to have this one, but I would certainly eat it again.

Timing: Recipe States: didn't state, My Actual Timing: 25 minutes
Servings: Recipe States: 4 servings, Servings For My Family: 9 servings, I doubled the recipe to have family over for dinner
Leftovers: The leftovers burgers were great.


Family Ratings:
Me: I thought the combination was simple, but good and I would make it again.
Hubby: He was surprised how much he enjoyed the ketchup, and wouldn't want this burger every day, but once in a while it's a fun change.
Big Man: All the boys went for plain ketchup again.
Bear: These boys are missing out on the gourmet burgers.
Mr. T: The youngest didn't even want a bun with his burger.

Will I repeat: Yes, but only occasionally.

What will I change: Nothing.

Comments