Chai Spice Trifle with Mixed Berries - BAKED Occasions


The Queen celebrated her birthday yesterday. I have never been to Europe or England, but I find the monarchy fascinating like so many other Americans. I also needed a springy dish to bring to our last MOPS meeting of the year back in May and this recipe from Baked Occasions seemed perfect. This recipe is very complex and has many parts involved. Sometimes I want something simple to make quickly and sometimes it is calming to slowly work through several different parts and watch a recipe come together.

This time I was looking for something to work through and combine many wonderful flavors into one complex dish. I have enjoyed trifles too, and how different flavors combine into something new. The pastry cream has such unique spices and that is where the overwhelming taste is in this dish is from.

I really enjoyed the pound cake portion of this recipe. It was fairly simple, but wonderful. I did spring for the expensive European butter and wow, it actually made a huge difference. That butter is so good I just want to spread it on crackers or a piece of bread. It was incredible and so is the pound cake that uses it in the recipe. I could eat this pound cake plain, with berries and cream, or in this trifle.

It was a really good thing that I brought this dish to MOPS to share because otherwise I may have sat down with the dish and eaten it all myself. If you want to try this recipe you can find it on the Baked Sunday Mornings website here.

Timing: Recipe States: talks about a lot of time, My Actual Timing: a couple days with all the prep work
Servings: Recipe States: a couple dozen, Servings For My Family: LOTS!
Leftovers: It was still really good for a few days.


Family Ratings:
Me: This trifle is AMAZING!

No one else tried it.

Will I repeat: Yes, but only if I was having a big group gathering.

What will I change: Not a thing.

Comments