Menu Plan - May 10-May 16


Here is my menu and grocery list for this week. It's not fancy, but it works for me. I will post soon about my process of making my menu and grocery list each week. For now here is what my family is eating this week. I list each dinner menu item that we will eat and the specific grocery items that I need for each menu item. Then at the bottom of the list, I have other items that we are running low on and need to replace in our general pantry, for lunches, or for breakfasts. The list is also divided between the two stores I shop at every week, items to purchase at Aldi are underlined, and items to purchase at Hy-Vee are not underlined.

I generally make my list on Wednesday and do the shopping on Thursday. I pick Thursday because the store is not as busy as it is on the weekend, and also because Hy-Vee will often have two or three-day sales that include Thursday, and then I am able to include those special sales. Some meals I have scheduled for specific nights due to timing or events we have going on, others can be moved around based on someone's preference that day. As I go through the week I cross off the menu items we have eaten, so I know what is left at the end of the week if we went off the menu for some reason.

For this week here is what we are planning to eat:

Friday - Grandma and Grandpa are coming to watch the boys, so Hubby and I are going out for dinner for date night!!!

Saturday - Chicken Enchilada Pasta (I know the paper says we were supposed to eat Crunchburgers, but those got moved ahead to Thursday so that we could eat them at the lake. This pasta was supposed to be eaten on Thursday, but then got moved to today.)

Sunday - Grilled Tuna, Roasted Pear Walnut Goat Cheese Salad

Monday - Tacos

Tuesday - Thai Chicken Wraps

Wednesday - Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Pasta

Thursday - Salisbury Steak

Comments