Grocery List - June 1 - June 7


As I make my grocery list for the week I include what I will need for all the dinner recipes, lunches, breakfasts, and snacks. I only list an item one place on my list, however, this week I need red peppers for several menu items. On my list I put it first under the Philadelphia Burger, so then when other menu items also needed a red pepper I just changed how many of them I would need this week. That way when I get to the store I don't have to look all over the list to count how many I need, but I can find the weeks total in one place.

I will show my grocery list here the same way. I will include all ingredients for the recipes unless I have listed it previously for another menu item and would have enough left from one recipe to use in the other. The ingredients should show everything you would need for the week's worth of dinner recipes. My grocery list shows what I need to pick up because I have everything else currently at my house. I will add at the bottom the other items I am picking up for other meals.

Friday - Hubby and I are running the very last Dam to Dam race in Des Moines on Saturday morning, so on Friday night we are all heading down to packet pick-up for dinner. They usually have deli sandwiches, chips, goldfish for the kids, and drinks.

Saturday - Ham, Cornbread, and Green Veggies, making Baked Sunday Morning's Tuscaloosa Tollhouse Pie for dessert

Ingredients:                                             My grocery list:       
     -ham                                                        -asparagus                                         
     -corn meal                                               -brown sugar
     -flour                                                       -chocolate chips
     -sugar
     -baking powder
     -salt
     -milk
     -eggs
     -vegetable oil
     -green vegetable of choice
     -brown sugar
     -butter
     -walnuts
     -chocolate chips

Sunday - Asian Green Bean Salad and Grilled Chicken for Hubby

Ingredients:                                            My grocery list:
     -linguine                                                 -1 lb. green beans
     -green beans                                           -celery
     -celery                                                    -green onions
     -red pepper
     -green onion
     -rice wine
     -soy sauce
     -sesame oil
     -fresh ginger root
     -pepper
     -garlic
     -jalapeno
     -chicken

Monday - Philadelphia Burger, topping to share at church ice cream social

Ingredients:                                          My grocery list:
     -ground beef or turkey                         -yellow onion
     -yellow onion                                       -Provolone slices
     -Provolone cheese slices                      -5 red peppers
     -hamburger buns                                  -sprinkles for ice cream social 
     -roasted red peppers
     -pickled hot pepper rings
     -fresh flat-leaf parsley

Tuesday - Penne with Poblanos and Avocado

Ingredients:                                          My grocery list:
     -poblano peppers                                  -frozen corn
     -red peppers                                          -whole wheat penne
     -frozen corn                                          -2 avocados
     -lime juice                                           
     -cumin
     -penne pasta
     -grape tomatoes
     -avocado

Wednesday - Spaghetti and Meatballs

Ingredients:                                          My grocery list:
     -olive oil
     -carrots
     -dried basil
     -28 oz can crushed tomatoes
     - tomato paste
     -ground meat
     -milk
     -breadcrumbs
     -oregano
     -garlic powder
     -grated Parmesan cheese

Thursday - Fish Packets

Ingredients:                                         My grocery list:
     -tilapia                                                 -salad peppers
     -cabbage
     -orange juice

Additional Grocery List:

     -spinach
     -vanilla ice cream
     -macaroni and cheese -3
     -cheese sticks
     -peanut butter
     -cereal - 5 boxes
     -milk - 2%
     -milk - skim
     -bread
     -apples
     -flour
     -butter
     -vinegar
     -plain Greek yogurt
     -bacon, sale 2/$5
     -eggs $.88
     -bananas $.29/lb.
     -peaches $.99/lb.
     -yoplait $.39
     -glycerin

This week I am doing my one time per month Sam's Club run and stocking up on the items we are out of or running low on right now.

Sam's List:
     -fresh mozzarella
     -goldfish
     -ziplock bags
     -Lawry's seasoning salt
     -pork loin
     -buns
     -ground turkey
     -cinnamon

   


Comments