BAKED Sunday Mornings - Baked Brown Cow - BAKED: New Frontiers in Baking


This was not my favorite recipe from the BAKED cookbooks. I like to try new things to see if different flavors might appeal to me. That's what we tell our kids when it's time to try something new, and most of the flavors in here are something that I like. I did opt to try a different liquor instead of Kahlua, since coffee is not a flavor that I enjoy. I decided to use Bailey's Irish Cream instead because that has more chocolate flavor and I thought it would compliment the chocolate sauce.

The first taste was heavily flavored of alcohol because I think it was mostly Irish cream, and to me this was not pleasant. I do not enjoy the high alcohol taste. Once the flavors began to mesh together better it did have a more pleasing flavor, but it still was not something that was a favorite of mine. In fact, I did not end up finishing my serving which is very surprising since ice cream happens to be one of my favorite desserts.

The chocolate sauce itself was very nice. It was rich and creamy like an extra creamy ganache. Since this was the only part of the recipe that seemed like it was actually cooking I suppose this is a win. Otherwise it mostly felt like layering pre-made ingredients. With so many fabulous recipes in the BAKED series of cookbooks, it is not unheard of to find at least one that I may not choose to repeat and for me this is one of them. I am glad I tried it though, now I know and will move on to another great one next time!

If you want to see what other bakers thought or find the recipe to see if you disagree with my assessment head over to BAKED Sunday mornings here.

Comments