Greek Diner Salad with Chicken - Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals


As I was preparing this salad and chopping the vegetables I couldn't help thinking how much it reminded me of the salad you get at Olive Garden. The main difference was the type of dressing used on the salad. I really liked using all the fresh ingredients and seeing all the colors. It is so nice to start seeing meals like this again after all the comfort foods of the winter. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy comforts foods, but I get a hankering for a good salad sometimes too.

The majority of us enjoyed the components of the salad, just not the dressing that was on top of it. It was a very simple dressing, but there was quite a bit of lemon juice in it. The lemon seemed to be the only flavor we were able to get in the dressing. we felt that it would have been better with an Italian style dressing instead.

The boys did a good job with the salad except for Mr. T, he started dinner by jumping out of his chair and running around the table. Then he complained about the cucumbers and threw one back in the salad bowl. Finally, he stood up on his chair and decided it would be a good idea to balance his water glass on his head, at least he had already drunk all the water. At this point, after several warnings, it was determined that Mr. T was no longer interested in dinner and it was time for bed. Sometimes having dinner with a three-year-old can be so glamorous and dignified. I guess I will find out how he feels about the salad tomorrow when he gets another chance to eat his serving.

Timing: Recipe States: 30 minutes, My Actual Timing: 29 minutes
Servings: Recipe States: 2 for dinner or 6 as a side, Servings For My Family: 5 main servings
Leftovers: They were tasty with Italian dressing.


Family Ratings:
Me: I enjoyed the fresh vegetables and the combination of the feta cheese with the tomato and crunchy romaine lettuce.
Hubby: He liked the vegetables in the salad, but wanted a different type of dressing.
Big Man: He thought the salad was fine but was not a fan of the red onion, he said the red onion was too spicy.
Bear: He also thought the salad was fine, but he preferred not to have cucumbers again.
Mr. T: He didn't eat enough or have a good attitude to have an opinion.

Will I repeat: Possibly.

What will I change: I would change the dressing to Italian dressing and I would add some spinach to the salad.

What crazy things have your kids done at dinner?

Comments