National Brownie Day


Today is celebrated as National Brownie Day. It's a dessert that the whole family enjoys so I decided it would be a good day to celebrate. I made the Sweet and Salty Brownie recipe from the book Baked Explorations by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito. These are delicious brownies that are very rich. You do not need a very large piece to enjoy them. They are full of dark chocolate and are so gooey. The caramel layer is sticky and adds wonderful sweet and salty flavor.

I am taking the leftovers to a MOPS moms get together tomorrow afternoon, hopefully a few of them survive the rest of today so I can bring them. The recipe says that it serves 12 to 24, and I would certainly make it serve 24 because if it served 12 they would be huge.

The caramel was a little bit tricky to make, but it helped that I have a good digital thermometer. For anyone thinking about making any kind of homemade candy, I would certainly recommend a digital thermometer.  The caramel here just makes these brownies that much more special.

For something a little different, this Brownie Cheesecake recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie looks amazing too. This is one I will need to try in the future!

Comments