National Hot Chocolate Day


January 31 is when National Hot Chocolate Day is observed. Hot Chocolate is a big deal in our house. The first time I gave the boys hot chocolate was after they had been out in the snow playing and having a great time. After that one time, they felt it was necessary to have hot chocolate after every time they went out to play in the snow. Most of the time we do have hot chocolate after they have been out in the snow because it's a fun way to warm up.

I have chosen to make my own hot chocolate mix for the boys and myself to use. Then I know what's in the mug and what they're drinking. It's actually very quick and easy to mix up and keeps well on the shelf for whenever I need it. The recipe is not my own, but you can find it here.

There are so many ways to dress up hot chocolate now, as with so many desserts. So here are a couple of fun versions of hot chocolate I would love to try when I have more time.

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Sugar Hero.

Reese's Hot Chocolate from Delish.

Sugar Cookie Hot Chocolate from Half Baked Harvest.

Maybe next year I will get myself ready to try something new early. Let me know what your favorite recipes are before winter is over and we will give something new a test drive.

Comments